Energi Defense and its investigative arm, Energi Bureau of Investigations (EBI), serve to protect our community from hackers, scammers, and other nefarious actors in the space. Our elite team ranges from veterans of the Cybersecurity industry to veterans of the Intelligence Community (FBI, CIA, etc.).
Those who seek to harm our community will be swiftly dealt with and referred to our law enforcement partners for prosecution in their respective jurisdiction. Energi is unique and forward-thinking in the Cryptocurrency space in that it provides this vital service to its community and has a treasury system in place to vibrantly support it and our community’s future growth.
What you can expect from us:
- That we will protect Energi’s critical information infrastructure.
- Educational materials provided on a regular basis to help educate our community and ward off cybercrime. Prevention is the best medicine.
- Assistance in the event that an incident occurs. We will provide technical and forensic support to deduce what happened and identify the perpetrator. We then work with the victim to provide a package to law enforcement officials to apprehend the individual and pursue recovery of funds.
What you should not expect from us:
- That we will rollback the blockchain to recover your funds. Being involved in Cryptocurrency brings with it the inherent risk of being your own bank. YOU need to take proper safeguards and responsibility to ensure that you do not become a victim of cybercrime. Most cybercriminals go after ‘low-hanging fruit’ (the easiest targets), so basic ‘cybersecurity hygiene’ (sensible personal security) can drastically reduce your chances of being hacked.
- We cannot guarantee that we can recover stolen funds, but we will do our best to assist. While sometimes it is possible for our team to recover stolen funds, most law enforcement investigations take months to years to resolve. Either way, it is best to take down these cybercriminals to reduce the number of future crimes.